From Castle Case Files
Jon was born on October 23 (year unknown) and attended John Handley High School in Winchester, VA. He decided to pursue an acting career when, in second grade in Catholic school, a strict nun punished him by putting him in a school play where he had to sing a solo. When finished, he caught a glimpse of the nun crying. He decided if he could move someone as strict as her with his performing, that he had to continue.
He joined the military after being asked not to return to college for a disciplinary violation. He is very proud of being a veteran, having served in the U.S. Air Force for 8 years, including in Operation Desert Storm, before becoming an actor full-time. He studied musical theater while serving, and eventually did get his degree, using the military to help pay his tuition.. As a result of this experience, he made military experience a part of Esposito's background as well.
He came to California to become an actor in 1995. After struggling for a time, he got a chance to appear on an ABC "Movie of the Week" with Jason Hervey, former star of The Wonder Years. They struck up a friendship and Hervey's mother eventually became Jon's manager, and his career began to take off as a result.
Jon has always spoken very highly of his experience working on Castle. He said that while shooting the pilot, the cast and crew established a "No A**holes Policy" and recalls only one time when he had to call out one of the show's directors for violating it. Ever since, all the cast and crew have abided by the policy. He also says that shooting the show is like "a family reunion every day".
In an interview with Bollyspice.com, he added: "The four of us [Jon, Seamus Dever, Nathan Fillion, and Stana Katic ], we’re there on a daily basis, we get along amazingly. I know that I wish I was able to work with Susan Sullivan a lot more, I wish I could work with Molly a lot more. I wish I was able to work with Tamala and Penny a lot more, because I like the true ensemble cast. It’s just the way the show is designed. But you know, we’ve watched Molly grow up, which has been amazing. And I really love Susan. She’s beautiful...So yeah, it’s a great show to work on, it’s definitely one of the best jobs I’ve ever had in my life, so I’m really proud of the work we do. I hope we go a little bit longer.
 Television Appearances
- Dark Blue
- NCIS - Naval Criminal Investigative Service
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- Generation Kill
- Prison Break
- Cold Case
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- Without a Trace
- Crossing Jordan
- The Joe Schmo Show
- The Division
- The Shield
- NYPD Blue
- Resurrection Blvd
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
- Touched by an Angel
- Time of Your Life
- St. Michael's Crossing
- Nash Bridges
- Beverly Hills, 90210
 Other Projects
- As of November, 2010, he started a record company and plans to release a single virally. He has also been asked to write a song for potential use in a Castle promo. However, his first love remains acting.
- Virally released a hip-hop single entitled "Sex is the Word" in June, 2010
- In the summer of 2010, he directed a short film called "Lone", a modern day retelling of The Lone Ranger story that follows two former Army Rangers, one cowboy and one Indian, and on which he worked with Castle production designer Alfred Sole
- He is also interested in possibly directing and has approached the Castle show runners about directing an episode
- In 2012, he won a PRISM Award for his performance in Killshot where Esposito helps Detective Kate Beckett deal with her post-traumatic stress disorder. His co-star, Stana Katic, won for her performance and the episode won an award in the Drama Series episode - Mental Health category. The PRISM Awards are annual awards organized by the Entertainment Industries Council to recognize the accurate depiction of substance abuse disorders, addiction, and mental health issues in various entertainment formats.
- Has been nominated for a 2012 ALMA Award
- Speaks some Spanish.
- Birth name is Jon William "Scott" Hofstedt
- Has become good friends with his Castle co-star Seamus Dever.
- His first big acting job was on a movie-of-the week, working with the father of Castle executive producer Rob Bowman.
- Wants to guest star on the popular series Glee "so badly"
- In the season 2 Halloween episode Vampire Weekend, Esposito attends a Halloween party at Castle's loft dressed in a Desert Storm soldier's outfit complete with assault rifle, and body armor. The costume was a nod to Jon's character from Generation Kill.
- Regarding his lobbying to get Esposito and Tamala Jones' character Lanie Parish to hook up, he said "Once I saw Tamala Jones in person, I was like, 'I gotta put my lips on her!'"
- Has said that if he couldn't be an actor, he would be in the military or a cop:"I kind of have a little bit of a hero complex. I have to be helping people do well in some way. I would definitely be doing something like that where I could help and take care of people."
- Developed a crush on Jane Seymour when she guest-starred in One Life to Lose.
- Loves comic books, comic book characters and super heroes.
- From 2010-2011, served a term as an alternate member of the National Board of Directors and as a member of the Hollywood Division Board of Directors of the Screen Actors Guild.
- Is such a fan of the movie The Princess Bride that, when doing a scene with Stana Katic, also a fan of the movie, and she has to give him an order as Beckett, he will walk off screen, wait until the camera is on Stana's closeup, and yell "As you wish!"
 External Links
- Jon Huertas at the Internet Movie Database
- Jon Huertas' twitter page
- Jon Huertas' wikipedia.com entry
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "I just know that when I watch Bollywood I feel good." By Stacey Yount. BollySpice.com Posted 12 November 2010.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 " Castle's Jon Huertas on A**hole Directors, and his Own Glee Fantasy" By Julie Miller Movieline.com Posted 3 January 2011
- ↑ Castle Star Jon Huertas on the Difference Two Decades Make by Jenelle Riley, Backstage.com, posted August 2, 2012
- ↑ "I would love to do a Bollywood movie because I would love to challenge myself" - Jon Huertas, by Reema Patel, Bollyspice.com, posted October 16, 2012
- ↑ Jon Huertas biography at TV Guide.com
- ↑ "What's Next for Castle's Crew", page 19, TV Guide, Feb. 28-March 6, 2011
- ↑ Interview: Jon Huertas Talks Sex And The 'Explosive' Castle Season Finale By Matt Marquez, Ology.com
- ↑ Michael Ausiello interview with Jon Huertas & Seamus Dever posted July 28, 2011, TVLine.com
- ↑ Comic-Con 2011: Castle interviews with Nathan Fillion, Seamus Dever, Jon Huertas, Molly Quinn, and Executive Producer Laurie Zaks by Dave Trumbore, Collider.com, posted July 27, 2011
- ↑ Stana Katic fan newsletter - September, 2010
- ↑ " Castle's Stana Katic Sits Down to Discuss Caskett, and More by Christi Kassity, BuddyTV.com, posted November 21, 2011